Tuesday, 21 April 2015

Blog reflection - Week 2


Finding a song 



This week our task was to find a unsigned artist. this was part of our research in order for me to do this I had to research artist who is not signed in this case was a struggle for me because I only know artist songs who are signed and I only  to their songs.
In this case this means I had to use my initiative to research artist songs who has not already been out their for me to successful abide by this scenario. The first thing I did was go on Google and research unsigned artist.
I narrowed my research down by researching for female artist that I think will suit for me to do a music video for, the reason for this was because I thought it will be easier for me to find an female artist and it would be more suitable for young girl as I decided that I wanted my target audience to be young girls, This is a broad market because their is many young artist such as Beyonce, Lady Gaga and Pink.

After this research I had to narrow my research by finding a song that I would like to pitch to my peers in order to get a clear view on what my music would look like. I decided to chose a RAP song because it as out my comfort zone, In this case I wanted to challenge myself instead of going for something that is easy and I would not really show my creative abilities. More over this research that I narrowed down made me find a song I wanted to make a music video on by the artist Paigey Cakey. This was a simple and brief task to do, the reason for doing this research is to have an idea on what I would like to do for my final production.

No comments:

Post a Comment